Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revamp in Progress

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In Sickness and in Health [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chiyoe
Genin
Genin
Chiyoe

In Sickness and in Health [Open] Empty
PostSubject: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 8:53 pm

Something wasn’t right.

Chiyoe was no stranger to being sick. Her illness had been something she had been dealing with for the majority of her life, something that she was just used to dealing with by now. So, it came as no shock to her as she woke up – late as usual since the clock read it was nearly ten o’clock in the morning – that when she went to move everything just ached. On top of that she felt wet: not the kind of wetness that would have come with her having had an accident, but rather the kind of wetness that came with her being absolutely drenched in her own sweat. Even with the blankets off, the fan on, and her window cracked she was soaked to the point to where her bed clothes were sticking to her.

”Mama!” Chiyoe called out automatically: she was always a bit of a momma’s girl when it came to not feeling well. She heard footsteps and then her door was opened, only it wasn’t her mother standing in the doorway but rather the elderly familiar face of her babysitter Hatsumomo. ”Where’s my mama, Hatsumomo?”, Chiyoe asked before turning onto her side as a horrible cough wretched its way through her causing her to double over from the sheer force of it.

Hatsumomo rushed into the room – she had been Chiyoe’s babysitter since she had been a toddler so she was well informed on the child’s sickness – and over to Chiyoe where she automatically put a hand on her forehead to check her temperature. ”Your mother’s at work, dear. You’re not burning up, but you’re soaking wet… you must have had a fever in the middle of the night. Don’t hold your cough in, hun, let it out… you heard the doctors – it’s better if you don’t try holding it in.”, Hatsumomo spoke kindly to her. Chiyo followed her instructions of course, allowing the cough to run its cource even though it had her throat feeling raw and painful: it was better she cough up whatever was in her lungs than holding it in.

”I want her...” Chiyo whined softly after the cough had finally run its course and finished. ”Will you take me to her?”

Hatsumomo stared at the child for a moment in contemplation: she only had a cough – one devoid of blood for the time being – and while she had had a fever it had broken. There was nothing at the moment that called for the kind of response a hospital would give, and so even though she would have preferred Chiyoe staying home in bed she nodded. If Chiyoe wanted the only parent she had, then Hatsumomo would take her to her. ”Alright, little one. I’ll take you to your mother. First you need to get dressed though: if you go out like that you’ll make yourself even sicker. Why don’t you change up and I’ll pack you a lunch to eat while you’re there?” Chiyoe nodded in response, sitting up, and as Hatsumomo left she made quick work in getting dressed: picking out a comfortable outfit in the form of a baggy comfortable sweat pants which were pink in color, a white undershirt, and a hoodie of the same color as her pants. Shoes were added to her feet before she walked out of her room to find Hatsumomo waiting. Even with the shoulder back Hatsumomo had prepared she still knelt down and allowed Chiyoe to climb on her back: Hatsumomo had been a physical fighter back in the day and even though she was quite up there in years she still had a great deal of strength, and was very sturdy, so the child and the bag weighed close to nothing to her.

Hatsumomo made her way quickly to the administrative buildings and then into Uno’s office, knocking and then entering before she set the child down. ”Mama!”, Chiyoe would exclaim quietly before making her way over to her mother, climbing into her lap, and coughing again.

”She woke up sick. She’s coughing, but there hasn’t been any blood yet. She had a fever at some point in the middle of the night but it’s broken since then: I had her change out of her sweat soaked clothing before we came here. I packed a lunch for her, as well as a spare pillow and blanket...”

WC: 730
Back to top Go down
Uno Natake
Commander General
Uno Natake

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 9:01 pm

A knock on her door, and then the doors were opened. In came Hatsumomo, the one person she trusted above all to babysit her child. On the elderly woman’s back was her daughter, and even in clean clothing she could see the sickness in her face – little things most people would have overlooked like pale skin with reddish cheeks Uno noticed all too well. She was sick again. They didn’t even have to tell her. Three weeks. It had been three weeks since the last time they had gone through this and now it was back and rearing its ugly head.

When her daughter came over to her she opened her arms automatically, pulling the child into her lap and placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head: her work could wait. Her village, her people, they were all important to her but her child was and always would be her main priority. As she held Chiyoe she listened to Hatsumomo give her a briefing on everything: she had had a fever but it had broken in the night bad enough to have her daughter soaked to the point of needing to change before she could come here, she also was coughing but there was no blood. Good news: it was mixed in with the bad but it was good news nonetheless. As usual Hatsumomo had thought ahead, packing her daughter not only something to eat in case she got hungry but also a pillow and blanket in case she got tired. Chiyoe didn’t exactly stop eating when the sickness reared its head, but she liked to peck at little things when her throat wasn’t hurting enough to stop her. She also slept a lot. God, she loved that old lady for being so prepared. ”Alright, I guess that’s a tad bit of good news mixed into the bad. Thank you Hatsumomo, thank you for all you’ve done...” The elderly woman nodded, placed the bag she had brought down on the couch, and then headed back out of the office – leaving the doors open in the process.

Uno sighed softly, planting another kiss on her daughter’s head, before brushing some hair out of her face. ”Why don’t you lay down for a while and I’ll see what Hatsumomo packed for you to eat, okay?” She knew her daughter wouldn’t argue, so she lifted the child up – pushing her chair out with the back of her legs – and brought her over to the office couch where she gently laid her down. She went to the bag, pulling out the pillow and blanket; adding the pillow beneath her daughter’s head and placing the blanket on the back of the couch so it was close enough to be reached were she to need it. She then pulled the snack tray Hatsumomo had prepared as well as the lunch and water, and placed them on the couch’s side table so they could be reached if Chiyoe needed them.

Returning to her desk Uno sat back down, pinching the bridge of her nose in worry and frustration: her daughter couldn’t get a break from this sickness apparently.

Word Count: 526
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 9:25 pm

"Did you hear? Some guys were found outside of the village."

"Some guys?"

"Yeah, they had the description of some bandits said to be robbing people on the roads, and raping females they kidnapped. One had his hands cut off, and another one was just sitting there drooling on himself."

"Whaa?"

"I know right? There was a big nasty pile of red meat too, with bones sticking out of it. I think it used to be a person. Whoever did that to them are some sadistic sons of bitches. Some people are scared to go out, or do anything right now..."

Haaah.... Suna had a good laugh. It seemed like his and Miyuki's reputation was starting to spread. They returned victorious in their mission and were paid hansomely. That was yesterday, and today was a new day. Suna got up, went to the bathroom to wash and carefully wipe his scarred unmasked face, cleaning and disinfecting his mask like he did everyday. Suna had the skills to heal his face now, but he'd grown attached to his mask. Since the moment he put it on he felt more... complete. He didn't really expect anyone else to understand.

After a bite to eat, he suddenly thought of the General again, and how easy she was to look at. The inner perv egging him on, he decided to teleport to her office. Before her desk, a distortion in space would appear. The distortion widened, and from it would suddenly appear Suna, looking  like he usually did, only now he was wearing a black gourd that had a strange glow about it. "Hold on to your butts ladies and germs, the main attraction has arrived--!!"

Teleportation:

He was standing in a pose, his joking manner obviously out there for everyone to see, until he picked up on the bad vibe in the room. He looked towards the General and could tell even without the use of psychic powers that she was stressed out over something. Suna didn't feel like invading her privacy, and decided to go about this the old fashioned way.

"Hey, Boss Uno! What's going on? You got troubles? Point out the one who put that look on your face and i'll flatten them into a pancake asap!" said Suna, his sleeves rolling themselves up to reveal his forearms and hands before he clapped his palms together. Eager for the taste of blood, at the sound of violence, the gourd began to twitch and move around on his back.

Chakra: 1,155 / 1,185
Word Count: 6,751 + 419 = 7,170

Last edited by Suna Hari on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chiyoe
Genin
Genin
Chiyoe

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 9:42 pm

Hatsumomo left, leaving behind the lunch she had prepared and a pillow and blanket at the edge of the couch all in a bag. Her mother held her for a moment before picking her up – it often amazed her at just how strong her mother was – and carrying her over to the couch where she was laid down with the kind of gentleness one reserved for china dolls. Her mother pulled out the pillow and blanket from the bag, positioning the pillow beneath her head and leaving the blanket where it was close enough to be used in case she wanted it. At the moment she was quite warm and comfortable, so she left it where it was at draped on the back of the couch. Her mother then laid out the food and drink Hatsumomo had packed for her, leaving it within arms reach so that she didn’t even have to move were she to want some: typical behavior for Uno when Chiyoe was sick.

Chiyoe situated herself on the couch, getting good and comfortable, and ignoring the food in the process. She didn’t want to eat; her throat hurt and from the feeling she was getting in her chest she was likely to have another coughing fit fairly soon.

Her mother went back to her desk, and Chiyoe could tell from the way she pinched the bridge of her nose that she was feeling stressed. Mother’s never liked to see their children sick and hers was no exception to this rule: even if she was big and strong and ruler over an entire village. Just as Chiyoe was preparing to get nice and settled in something weird happened to the air before a masked individual with red hair appeared. Chiyoe was shocked, and gasped in wonder, before another coughing fit – the one which had been building up – occurred and she doubled over onto her side allowing it out instead of trying to hold it in and suppress it.

”I don’t want to be a pancake… I don’t like them.” Chiyoe commented after her current coughing fit subsided.

WC: 350 | 876
Back to top Go down
Uno Natake
Commander General
Uno Natake

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 9:51 pm

A ripple in the air was the only warning she got before Suna teleported into her office. Suna, in what Uno was beginning to feel was typical of him, cracked a joke almost immediately upon entry. However, he seemed to catch on to the atmosphere fairly quickly and inquired as to why Uno looked troubled – saying he would squash whatever was troubling her like a pancake. Her daughter, after a violent coughing fit, commented in response that she didn’t want flattened into a pancake since she really didn’t like them.

”Suna, this is my daughter Chiyoe. Chiyoe, this is one of our new guests, Suna. He’s Miyuki’s friend.” She glanced towards her daughter, giving her a look over as she looked for the usual signs that would indicate she had to rush her to the hospital – mainly her coughing up blood – but she saw none yet. ”Chiyoe is sick… She’s been sick since she was born, respiratory problems; it comes and goes. Unfortunately today seems like a bad one.”

Uno sighed softly, leaning back in her chair with a frown. ”All of Hana’s best doctors have looked her over but no one can figure out what’s wrong with her… the most they’ve been able to do is treat the symptoms but even that’s difficult… I’ve been thinking about reaching out to other villages for help, but that’s a tricky situation.”

Word Count: 232 | 758
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 10:05 pm

There was a little girl in the office this time. She started coughing badly, so, no perverseness this time. Boss Uno had a daughter; her name was Chiyoe. Uno said she was sick, and had been since she was born. She said it came and went.  None of the doctors in the village could figure out what was up with her, and the best they could do is provide temporary treatments for the symptoms. Boss Uno was even thinking about reaching out to the other villages for help, but she said that could turn out tricky...

"No need for that, Boss Uno! I'm a medic!" said Suna, pointing at himself with a thumb. "I been meaning to come tell you that, my sensei Coach Emiko and a really cool dude named Holeman taught me how. I know a whole bunch of cool medical jutsu, maybe I could heal her. Want me to give it a try?"

Suna couldn't sit back and just let a little girl suffer, even if he didn't know her. He pulled on the figerless gloves on either hand a little tighter and floated over to the couch where Chiyoe was. "Hey there. You look a lot like your mom, I see where you get your looks from... How about we snatch all that yucky stuff out of you and get rid of it, eh? Would you like that? Then no more of that coughing and feeling sick, sounds good, yeah?"

Suna already knew this wasn't an offer either of them would pass up on. A trained medic, right here in the office, and he would be staying here in the village. If anything, people would be coming here instead for treatment...

Word Count: 7,170 + 288 = 7,458
Back to top Go down
Chiyoe
Genin
Genin
Chiyoe

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 8:17 am

The latest coughing fit had her throat feeling too raw to ignore so Chiyoe reached over and picked up her bottle of water, remaining on her side and lifting her head so she could drink some without choking after she unscrewed the cap. She drank nearly half the bottle before any sort of relief would come after which she returned the cap to the bottle and placed it back on the table.

Suna spoke of being a medic, and of snatching all of the yucky stuff out of her. Could it really be that easy? The idea of not having to spend the next few weeks on bed rest, coughing and choking on whatever her lungs were cooking up… well it sounded wonderful. No sore throat? No coughing till blood came up? She wasn’t going to say no to something like that. So, to answer Suna she nodded her head yes with a small – at least until another coughing fit had her doubling over again, little flecks of blood coughing up this time that dotted the otherwise tan colored couch along with her pillow case.

The first time she had coughed blood it had terrified her: one of the only times her sickness had truly caused her to panic and not handle it with the usual grace and dignity she did even as a child. Now though she was all too used to it and simply reached for her water once the fit had subsided, taking a mouthful of water and swishing it around to rid herself of the blood taste before spitting it into the garbage can which her mother always liked to keep close by for such occasions. ”Yuck… You can make all of this go away?”, she would ask Suna, turning her golden colored gaze onto him – giving her mother the chance to relax as she was likely rigid and panicked, a state she didn’t like her daughter seeing her in.

WC: 325 | 1,201
Back to top Go down
Uno Natake
Commander General
Uno Natake

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 8:25 am

Suna was a medic: an actual shinobi trained medic. She knew shinobi medics to be far more trained than any regular doctor in a hospital. Oh sure, Hanagakure’s doctors were among some of the best – but they didn’t have those kinds of skills the likes of which Suna probably possessed. The Hanagakure doctors could treat with medications and surgery, but they didn’t know medical ninjutsu – at least not to the level or experience of someone properly trained in the art. The idea of her daughter being properly healed, of not having to suffer, she would never say no to something like that.

”Yes please----”, she paused, cut off by yet another coughing fit that her daughter was having. This one though…. Her gaze zeroed in on the flecks of blood sprinkled onto the couch and her daughter’s pillow case. It wasn’t a fountain of blood, sure, but it was blood nonetheless and it had Uno tensing up.

”Her sickness is like having an enemy in the room I can’t kill or even fight no matter how many times it hurts her...” Uno admitted as she watched her daughter swish some water around in her mouth before spitting it into the nearby garbage can in an attempt to likely rid her mouth of the taste of blood as she often did when this kind of situation occurred.

”Please do what you can for her, Suna… “, she said softly as she finally relaxed now that the coughing fit seemed over. Could Suna really just fix her like that? Years of this back and forth with her illness, years of watching it break down her little girl and of having to sit back and watch her suffer… could he really make this all go away so easily? Uno was hopeful…

Word Count: 302 | 1,060
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 9:12 am

It would surely get Suna cool points in Hana. "Well, I can try," Suna responded to Chiyoe, before she started coughing again, this time blood. Uno said this sickness was like having an enemy here that she couldn't kill. Suna could sympathize with her words. Suna hovered down closer to the couch after she'd washed the blood taste out of her mouth. "Ok, lie straight on your back, like a board."

Should she do this, Suna would turn his head sideway to put it on her chest and listen to her breathing. Whatever this was, it was most certainly in her lungs. "Hey Boss Uno, you got a big jar, or some sort of container I could use?" Suna turned back to Chiyoe and started to rub his hands together. "OK Chiyoe... I promise this won't hurt a bit..."

Both of Suna's hands began to give  off a glow. His left hand began to glow a white color, while his right hand looked like it had a green bubble surrounding it. All of the jokes and wise cracks were gone; this was serious, so he decided to put in his full concentration. Suna held his right hand up for the moment, while his left hovered above Chiyoe's chest. White colored chakra began to enter her body; to her it would feel cool and soothing, while it began to mold itself to the foreign germs and sickness in her lungs.

Ailment Removal:

"...And for my first magic trick... " Suna said, not being able to help cracking at least 1 joke despite the seriousness of this situation.

Chakra: 1,120 / 1,185
Word Count: 7,458 + 469 = 7,927
Back to top Go down
Chiyoe
Genin
Genin
Chiyoe

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 9:54 am

Her mother mentioned that her sickness was like an enemy she couldn’t fight and kill and Chiyoe understood where she was coming from. In combat, in meetings, or in one of the hundred different situations her mother faced daily with her job she handled it well and kept her head cool even under pressure. But, when it came to Chiyoe being sick, it was like her mother couldn’t handle it and cracked no matter how well she tried to keep it together. She figured all parents were like that with sick children though, and she long ago decided to never hold it against her. It was the exact reason Chiyoe tried to keep on such a brave facade when facing her illness: the less her mother knew it hurt and generally sucked the better off her mother was. It made things easier, at least in Chiyoe’s opinion.

At Suna’s instructions she laid back down on her back as straight as possible. She watched then as Suna  put his head to her chest, likely listening to either her heart or her lungs. Each breath she took she could feel some kind of liquid or substance moving around: her lungs had fluid in them which often happened when she was ill. Suna then asked if her mother had a container of some kind and Chiyoe couldn’t imagine what he would need it for, but didn’t bother to ask – she was afraid if she tried speaking she would end up with another coughing fit and end up coughing more blood.

Suna then mentioned that whatever he was about to do wouldn’t hurt, which helped to keep her relaxed. She was no stranger to pain – the treatments the doctors gave her often hurt – but she was quite glad to hear that whatever Suna was about to do wouldn’t. She watched as one of Suna’s hands began to glow while the other seemed to be covered in a bubble. As she watched she made sure to keep herself as still as possible even as the chakra entered into her leaving behind a cool and soothing feeling – she was quite the good little patient, or at least tried to be.

WC: 351 | 1,552
Back to top Go down
Uno Natake
Commander General
Uno Natake

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 10:00 am

Suna gave Chiyoe the instructions to lay on her back and Uno watched as her daughter complied without hesitation: calmly as she often was. Suna mentioned needing a container and Uno nodded before standing back up from her chair and moving over to the far wall where a hidden shelf was located. She pulled back the ‘hidden’ door which was made to look exactly like the rest of the walls and pulled an empty large container off of the shelf before bringing it, opened, over to Suna.

Suna mentioned to Chiyoe that whatever he was about to do wasn’t going to hurt, and Uno was glad to hear it. She knew the treatments her daughter often had to endure were painful, so hearing that whatever Suna was about to do wasn’t going to hurt at all was a nice change of pace. It made her quite glad she had opened up Hanagakure so willingly to Miyuki and him: without Suna here Chiyoe would have been on her way to the hospital for another round of ‘torture’ as Uno considered it.

Sure enough as Suna began Chiyoe simply watched without a peep or a wiggle; being as good a patient as she assumed any doctor could ever hope for.

Word Count: 310 | 1,370
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 10:29 am

Suna would next began to do a pulling motion. What looked to be a large white ball began to emerge from Chiyoe's chest. With was filled with something dark colored and gross looking that had many traces of blood. Suna's right hand with the green bubble came down to rest on Chiyoe's forehead, healing the damage left behind as he continued to pull the white ball of sickness out of her chest. This was Suna's first time using this technique, also his first time using 2 high rank Medical Jutsu simultaneously. He was concentrating so hard that both of his arms trembled. It wasn't hot in this room, but he had begun sweating heavily.

Suna succeeded in pulling a large basketball-sized chakra pouch out of her chest. He reached over  and stuffed it into the jar that Boss Uno brought him. With it gone, the Mystical Palm Technique with his right hand would be healing whatever other ailments that were left behind, like her damaged lungs and sore throat. "Give that to your doctors in your hospital, maybe they can study it in detail now and find out what it is so that they can come up with something to prevent that from happening to anyone else, yeah?"

Mystical Palm Technique:

Suna canceled the Mystical Palm Technique and put an ear to Chiyoe's chest again, listening to her breathing. He knew he probably didn't get every last bit of that sickness, and would probably have to do this a couple more times just to be sure. The majority of it was now in that jar, and maybe Uno could finally find out what it was.

The drain suddenly hit Suna. His feet touched the floor and he stumbled some before going to one knee. "...Uhhh... bumpy... roads ahead, passengers... please... fasten your seat belts..." An S ranked Jutsu and a SS ranked one, at the same time, it was beginning to take a toll on the small Suna. Holeman told him once not to try something like that, but he decided to take the risk for her sake. He had to brace himself with one hand, and his vision blurred, but he quickly began to shake it off.

Suna rose back to his feet, stumbling again before catching his balance. "Hey... Chiyo. How are ya feeling?... Do me a favor... see if you can run to the other end of the office and back here, as fast as you can. If you do it really fast i'll give you something cool, alright?" he said. He wanted to see how her lungs sounded when she was worked up and breathing hard. This would determine if he'd have to treat her again.

Chakra: 1,095 / 1,185
Word Count: 7,927 + 607 = 8,534
Back to top Go down
Chiyoe
Genin
Genin
Chiyoe

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 10:47 am

Chiyoe couldn’t help but feel a little afraid as she watched Suna pull something very dark and very disgusting looking out of her chest. Was that her sickness? That had been inside of her? No wonder she had felt so horrible: she had had something all dark and gross infecting her being. Despite her disgust with what she saw, and the spark of fear that something like that had been inside of her lungs, she forced herself to remain as still and relaxed as possible, and quiet: she didn’t want to risk breaking Suna’s concentration.

What Suna pulled from her chest, which was roughly the size of a basketball, he stuffed into a jar which was about when Chiyoe wrinkled her nose and made a disgusted facial expression: it looked even worse stuffed in a jar. Suna told her mother to give what he pulled out of her chest to the Hanagakure doctors so that they could study it and Chiyoe found herself curious as to what exactly that nasty looking stuff was. By the time Suna put his head to her chest again to listen to her lungs she was feeling loads better: so much better in fact that she couldn’t remember the last time she had even felt like this. She had always been sick, or dealing with the side effects, but at the moment she felt like she could run a mile and not tire from it.

Suna, however, seemed to have overdone it in helping her as he seemed to become woozy.

When Suna asked her how she felt though she sat up slowly, and took a deep breath before exhaling slowly. A grin spread across her face: she couldn’t remember the last time she had tried breathing like that that she didn’t end up coughing up blood afterward. ”Wow, much better! Cool. Thanks Suna!.” She got up, again being careful, and then did as Suna asked by running from where she was to the other side of her mother’s office – she ran past her mother, poking her playfully as she did so. After she reached the other wall she ran back, again poking her mother, before stopping near the couch and Suna once more. She was breathing hard – her body not used to such physical exertion – but there was no hacking or coughing up of blood or anything else for that matter: the grin was still plastered on her face.

WC: 406 | 1,958
Back to top Go down
Uno Natake
Commander General
Uno Natake

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 10:55 am

Suna removed the sickness, or at least that’s what she was assuming the dark and nasty stuff was, out of her daughter’s chest and placed it in the jar. Uno carefully closed the lid once Suna had finished, nodding to his words: she would definitely send this on to the hospital for the doctors to look over and study. She too hoped it would help people in the future: allow them to do more than just treat the symptoms. She closed the lid on the jar, placing it carefully off to the side where it wouldn’t get knocked over: she didn’t want any of that stuff getting back out in her office after all since she had no idea if it was contagious or not.

Suna seemed to suffer from what looked like a draining effect – as if too much chakra had been used in too short a period of time – however he seemed to recover after a moment as Uno watched him with a concerned frown. ”Are you alright, Suna?”, she would ask, concerned.

Her daughter got up, as were Suna’s instructions, and ran from the couch and to the opposite side of the wall – poking her as she went which caused Uno to smile gently. She did the same thing on the way back, and Uno returned the favor with a light poke of her own. When her daughter was once again standing in front of Suna she was breathing hard but she wasn’t coughing like she would have before. Uno assumed that her breathing hard was because she had never really been able to run like that before, but she waited in silence to see what Suna had to say about it, biting her bottom lip in worry as she did so.

Word Count: 290 | 1,660
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 11:39 am

"Who me? Oh i'm great! I was just practicing my new moves to join the Hana Dance Team, y'know?" Suna said in response to Uno's question, doing a couple of silly dance moves. In all seriousness he could see why Holeman told him never to try it. He'd only attempt something like that again if someone's life was on the line.

Chiyoe got up and ran across the office. Her and her mother got into a poke battle. Chiyoe said it was much better, but he got on one knee again and put an ear to her chest just to be sure. Suna couldn't hear the congestion, the wheezing and the sound of some kind of liquid in there that he could before. Her lungs sounded healthy again, but there was still a little in there, he was sure of it. He'd have to get it when it started to show again because a little could quickly turn back into a lot.

"Ok... i'm pretty sure I got the majority of it..." Suna said, standing up again. "I'll give her treatment again in a few days just to be sure. There could still be small bits and such hiding in there, if I don't get rid of them this whole thing could start all over. Now, let's see, I promised you something cool..." Suna put his left hand on the top of Chiyo's head and moved it to the side; he seemed to be measuring her height. The cork to his gourd came off and sand spilled from the back.

The sand moved around and began to pile up next to Chiyo. When the pile was her height, it began to take the same shape as her. Details began to appear in the sand. It soon began to convert into shining glass, and looked like an exact duplicate of Chiyo. The rest of the sand moved back around and went back inside of the gourd, the cork sealing it in the end. Suna dusted some left over particles off of Chiyo's glass copy.

"Not a bad likeness!" Suna said. "The other kids are gonna be jealous, haha."

Word Count: 8,534 + 362 = 8,896
Back to top Go down
Chiyoe
Genin
Genin
Chiyoe

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 12:24 pm

Her mother asked if Suna was alright due to the way he seemed to be acting, but Suna brushed it off saying he was fine and even busted a few dance moves that had Chiyoe giggling up a storm. Suna again put his head near her chest, likely listening to her breathing. From the way Chiyoe was feeling her lungs felt empty, and she hoped that that was the case. Sure enough Suna mentioned that it sounded like he had got it all, but he wanted to give her more treatment in a few days just to be sure. Even a little bit of the sickness left behind could bloom into more and more.

When he mentioned owing her something cool she grinned from ear to ear, wondering what he’d give her. A curious look spread across her face as Suna seemed to be measuring her, his sand coming into play too as it seemed to be creating something the exact same height as her. Details were added to whatever Suna was creating, and then it turned from sand to glass: a replica of herself. Chiyoe’s mouth formed a little ‘o’ shape in wonder and then her grin appeared once more. She clapped her hands excitedly and then walked around what Suna had created in wonder.

”Wow… that’s… amazing!”, she said softly before looking over to Suna. Were he to allow her she would reach over, hugging him in thanks. ”Thank you so much, for everything!”, she would add, releasing her hold on him and very gently poking at the glass with a grin still plastered on her face.

WC: 270 | 2,228
Back to top Go down
Uno Natake
Commander General
Uno Natake

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Uno watched as Suna checked Chiyoe’s breathing once more. He said that he was pretty sure he got most of the sickness, but wanted to do another treatment soon to make sure it didn’t start to multiply: a little could turn into a lot fairly easily. In response she nodded, smiling for the first time since her daughter had arrived in the office. It felt like a weight was being lifted off of her shoulders to know that her little girl was going to get well again. What the doctors hadn’t been able to do in years of poking and prodding and testing Suna had just mostly cured in only five minutes.

To reward Chiyoe Suna make a likeness of her out of glass which seemed to fascinate her daughter quite a bit: Uno herself was fairly stunned by how well it was done and the fact that it was made out of glass. ”That’s beautiful.”, she commented before watching her daughter give Suna a hug.

”Thank you, Suna. I really appreciate this...”

Word Count: 200 | 1,860
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 1:07 pm

She seemed alright now, compared to how she was looking when he first appeared. Boss Uno was starting to brighten back up too. They both thanked him for what he'd done. "Aha. Worth it to see the little girl up and running around like she should be," he replied, touching the top of Chiyoe's head with his right hand as she hugged him. Chiyoe seemed enthralled by the glass replica statue he'd made for her.

Suna intended on coming in here to oogle over the General's hot body, but things didn't turn out like that. He got to test out the medical abilities that had been drilled into him by Holeman, and relieve a little girl that had been afflicted by a sickness since she was a baby. It wasn't a bad trip. Suna's feet left the floor and he floated upwards.

"If she starts to show any sort of symptoms, think of my name and i'll hear it. I'll come back asap," he said, as the space around him began to warp and distort. Suna waved his hands. "Later gators..."

Suna vanished into this air.

-Suna Out-

Word Count: 8,896 + 191 = 9,087
Back to top Go down
Chiyoe
Genin
Genin
Chiyoe

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Suna began to levitate once more and so Chiyoe turned her focus back onto the statue he had made of her: where would she put it? She listened as he mentioned that if she started to show symptoms of the sickness to just think his name and he’d hear it, and then he left. Grinning and giggling to herself she skipped her way over to her mother before hugging her upon reaching her. She hugged her tight for several minutes and then stepped back grinning from ear to ear: she didn’t want to spoil a moment of feeling good.

”Mama, I’mma go find Hatsumomo and tell her the good news. Then can I go play in the park for a while?” If her mother were to have no issues with these plans she would give her another hug and then turn and skip her way back out of the room happily: she had a feeling she knew where Hatsumomo would be and it wouldn’t be hard to find her.

WC: 172 | 2,400

Exit
Back to top Go down
Uno Natake
Commander General
Uno Natake

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 1:24 pm

Suna said to think his name if she started getting sick again and he’d hear it and come; then he left. Chiyoe came over to her happily grinning and hugged her, which she returned. She inquired about finding Hatsumomo to tell her the good news and then going to the park: Uno saw nothing wrong with this idea. Her daughter finally felt better and there was little reason to keep her inside on a nice day like today. ”Alright. Take Hatsumomo with you, okay? Just to be safe… Have fun. I’ll come stop by a little later when I get this paperwork done.”

She would then return Chiyoe’s second hug, kissing her on top of her head, before watching her daughter make her way out the door. Uno sighed, feeling relieved: at least that was one less thing she would have to worry about now – her daughter was no longer suffering.

Of course, that meant it was time to focus her attention on the other matters that needed her…

Exited
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Sickness and in Health [Open]   In Sickness and in Health [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Sickness and in Health [Open]
Page 1 of 1