Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revamp in Progress

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another Day, Another Problem [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Umiko
Soumeikage
Soumeikage
Umiko

Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 4:24 pm

When Umiko had arrived in her office early that morning she had expected nothing more than a normal day: a whole lot of paperwork needing to be looked over and signed, perhaps a meeting or something minor that would cause her to end up skipping lunch (again), maybe even some mild random occurrence popping up that would have her rushing out of her office to go solve it. That wasn’t the case today – though she wished it was.

It was late in the afternoon when Myuto had arrived with his siblings. The story that unfolded had been a devastating one: two very powerful individuals had arrived in the village shortly before Myuto and his siblings had arrived in her office and had killed four people. The skills these people had used seemed basic and yet there was something off about both of them – such as the girl seeming to move and dodge before attacks that were launched at her had even begun. To make matters worse after they had murdered the four civilians (not that anyone would shed a tear over them since they had all been the kind of scum that caused trouble for her good and hard working people) they had kidnapped a young child. It had taken her a few minutes of digging through files but she had eventually located what she was looking for: information on the girl located only because of the skills Myuto had when it came to drawing – she was able to match the picture he had drew up against the one in the child’s file. Her name was Michie, she was a recently promoted Chuunin, and her father was Strafe who was one of her village Jounin. The fact that one of her people were taken, no matter who they were or what rank they were, didn’t sit well with her and frankly pissed her off but unfortunately she had to play this situation properly and couldn’t allow her emotions to get in the way.

Instead of sending for Strafe right away she had taken a minute or two to compose herself and force herself to think clearly: while she wanted to mount an all out assault against those who had kidnapped one of her people she knew that that wasn’t wise. She had very few shinobi to spare, let alone those of high ranks who could possibly stand a chance against the likes of these two criminals. She didn’t fancy the idea of sending more than one person after these two because at the moment she only had a small amount of active shinobi. She had no way of knowing if this was an attempt to get some of her strongest out of the village, nor if these people intended on coming back for that matter. She just simply couldn’t risk sending people out after them: she had to put the whole population’s protection over that of one girl.

However, she also knew she couldn’t and wouldn’t stop a father from going after his child. So, Umiko had sent a messenger to locate Strafe and bring him here with specific instructions to say nothing more than it was important and his presence was requested immediately. So, Umiko sat at her desk waiting, the doors to her office thrown open in anticipation of her visitor, a grim look having settled on Umiko’s face. Did Strafe know already she was gone?

Word Count: 570
Back to top Go down
Myuto Hozuki
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Myuto Hozuki

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 8:52 am

Myuto had been training. He'd taken time away from the restaurant to concentrate on nothing but bettering himself. Same grinned, thinking it cool. His mother had nothing really to say, and his father grinned the same as Same, remaining silent. Sakana of course had the worst reaction. She got loud and argued and protested; all of which Myuto ignored. He didn't expect her to understand how he felt, and he didn't care how she felt.

The day had been on his mind since it happened. He was still disgusted with himself for just standing there and allowing it to happen. So he trained... day and night. He trained until it hurt, until he couldn't move. Myuto personally didn't think he made any sort of progress, but he'd become significantly faster. Sakana would try to stop him but he would ignore her and push her away from him, much to her frustration.

The rest of the family seemed to sympathize with Myuto's frustration, and knew that a day like this would come. They were confident that Myuto could hold his own against the likes of super criminals, whereas Sakana did everything she could to try and stop him, to no avail. Myuto wanted to know if there had been any progress, so he headed towards the Mizukage's complex. Sakana and Same insisted that they come with him. They both walked faster than he did; Sakana occasionally pushing people out of her way.

"Excuse me, you can't just walk in ther--excuse me miss!" said the secretary as she jumped up from her desk in front of Sakana, but she was pushed just like everyone else before Sakana opened the doors to the Mizukage's office and barged in. Same and Myuto walked along at a reasonable pace. Myuto himself was still pretty frustrated, but he wasn't over-reacting like Sakana was.

Sakana and Same looked about the same as they always did: Same was wearing a wife beater and shorts, Sakana dressed in a small shirt that d-cup breasts were about to fall out of, swinging around everywhere as she marched into the office, and small shorts that thighs and cheeks seemed eager to escape from. Myuto was still in his dark colors, his hood over his head revealing his nose mouth and chin. He looked bigger, as if he'd been working out.

"So has there been any progress?" Sakana asked? "Has anyone found out where those 2 freaks took that little girl? Has anyone gone after them? What about her folks? Has anything happened at all since then?"

2,254 words
Back to top Go down
Umiko
Soumeikage
Soumeikage
Umiko

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 10:54 am

Frustration. It was an understatement for how Umiko was feeling. She had sent a messenger off to find Strafe and bring him here but had received no response. Following that she had sent several scouts out to locate him and drag him back to her office by any means necessary, but still no luck. She had checked her logs and couldn’t find him on any mission listing; so she knew he wasn’t out of the village due to that. She had also checked with all of the guards: they too had not seen him leave or pass through. It was as if the guy had disappeared off of the face of the earth. Umiko had even jumped to the conclusion that something might have happened to him and had had his house and the surrounding property searched – but again, there was nothing.

Umiko herself couldn’t risk going after Michie: she was the strongest person in the village and the last line of defense if the criminals bothered returning. She had to put the lives of her villagers as a whole against the life of a single girl – though she hated herself for it.

Umiko sighed in frustration for the third time in that single minute before hearing a commotion outside. Her secretary was attempting to stop someone from coming in, but sure enough a few seconds later the doors were opened and in walked three familiar people: Myuto and his brother and sister. Umiko raised a hand, waving her secretary off who shut the doors behind everyone before returning to her desk. Umiko meanwhile focused her attention on Myuto sister’s, Sakana, as she began to ask questions Umiko was sure was going to create anger by answering.

”We seem to have a problem. I have sent messengers, scouts, and other shinobi in search of Michie’s father, Strafe. There’s been no luck finding the guy. I had his house searched in fear that he was killed before Michie was taken, but nothing turned up. I even checked my mission records to see if I had sent him out of the village on an assignment but again nothing. The village guard haven’t seen him either; no one saw him leave. It’s as if he’s just gone: as if he disappeared into thin air. I haven’t even been able to inform him of what happened. I have no one to send after Michie – not without sending them to their death. I have to stay here – I can’t put the life of one person over the lives of many. I’m the villages last defense if those criminals return to try and snatch up more people, or worse… The most the guards have been able to concrete is that the direction they headed was toward Konoha… Other than that we know as much as we did before.” She hated this, and was stressed the hell out over it – all of which showed on her face. She didn’t bother hiding it, she didn’t care to. This situation was horrible: she had a little girl who was kidnapped by two criminals and because she was the strongest person in the village she had to remain seated behind her desk in case she was needed here.

Word Count: 540 + 570 = 1,110
Back to top Go down
Myuto Hozuki
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Myuto Hozuki

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 11:35 am

"So what the hell!" Sakana exclaimed, stomping the floor.

"Sis, calm down," said Same."

"I WON'T calm down! This Strafe idiot's daughter was kidnapped and it's like he doesn't even care! He's probably off lollygagging with some whore! Myuto would have been KILLED if he fought those 2 monsters! How the hell am I supposed to feel!?... Those freaks could have done anything with that little girl by now! She must be so afraid, kidnapped by psychotic maniacs..." Sakana stomped over to the desk. "You're the almighty Kage, the leader of the village! Isn't there ANYTHING you can do?"

Myuto was thinking. Had her own father really given up on her? Did he run away in fear after hearing about what happened? Something had to be done, and it seemed like he was the only one who actually cared. He didn't blame the Mizukage like Sakana did; she was right. She couldn't just put the life of one girl over the lives of the thousands who lived here. She was the person who ran the village, and the final line of defense should someone try to invade. So, Myuto felt it was his duty to bring her back, or at least get to the bottom of this situation.

Myuto walked next to Sakana, looking calm again as he took his hood off. He put an index finger to his lips, signaling for her to stop shouting at the Mizukage. He looked at Umiko and pointed at himself, as if to say that he would be the one to go looking for her. "Oh no, you can't be serious," Sakana said. "You're not about to go out there looking for her? If her own father won't go looking then why you? We need you here!"

"If anybody can find her it's bro," Same said with a grin. "I'm not getting the same feeling I did when that girl and that guy was here either, bro musta trained hard. He'll be alright..."

"Shut up, Same! You aren't helping things!"

"YOU shut up, you brother lover! Let bro be a shinobi instead of always throwing stuff in front of him!" Sakana went to slap Same but her arm was grabbed by Myuto. He gave her a serious stare that clearly said "cut it out." Sakana looked scared, then depressed. Same was right... she couldn't keep putting obstacles in front of him forever. Myuto let go of Sakana as he looked back to Umiko. He pointed to himself again and made a thumbs-up sign, then turned to walk towards the office exit.

2,682 words
Back to top Go down
Umiko
Soumeikage
Soumeikage
Umiko

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 2:46 pm

This information only seemed to piss Sakana off more than she already was and Umiko couldn’t fault her for it. Sakana was right: had Myuto engaged the two criminals in an attempt to save Michie’s life than chances were he would have died – or been gravely injured. Yet, the girls own father wasn’t responding to summons or anywhere to be found. It pissed Umiko off too, a hell of a lot for that matter, but she had to keep as much of her composure as she could.

To Sakana she simply shook her head. ”If I leave to go after them then that leaves the village without its strongest individual. There’s no telling if there are more criminals lurking around and waiting for just that kind of move. As much as I feel for the girl, and as much as I’d like to rescue her, doing so myself isn’t an option. That’s partly why I’ve been trying so hard to get into contact with Strafe: I can allow him to leave on his own and go after his daughter, but I can’t force anyone else to do it – not into a situation that deadly.” She couldn’t order someone to their death, such an action wouldn’t sit right for her. She could ask, but who was there to ask?

Then Myuto was pointing to himself in a clear gesture. He wanted to go. He would go and look for the girl. Same didn’t seem to be having the same reaction as before, and mentioned that his brother must’ve been training. Sakana meanwhile didn’t seem happy at all with the idea. Myuto made a thumbs up gesture before heading toward the door. Umiko wanted to stop him, wanted to tell him to stay here… but deep down she knew those words likely wouldn’t make a difference. Besides, someone had to go and try and get the girl back.

”I won’t stop you from going, chances are you’d go anyway even if I tried… but mark my words: if it gets too dangerous than just leave and come back, Myuto….”

Word Count: 350 + 1,110 = 1,460
Back to top Go down
Strafe
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Strafe

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Strafe raced towards the Kage, Umiko, Office in a blitz of speed as he thought of only one thing. What happened? It was not often Umiko needed to summon him personally, mission related or otherwise. That in itself sacred him. His trouble face glance to Momaru, who was keeping pace with him and looking back with the same expression. If anything happened to her, They would never forgive their selves. The duo darted pasted the residential district, where Iro was safely training at the house, or at least that is what he claimed. Strafe made sure an adult was around just in case, even though his son was capable as any genin.

He shook his head to clear it as he set his mind back on Michie, his daughter who didn't exactly know where she was. After the meeting, he would be sure to locate her. They neared the building with blinding speed as the came through the administration building doors, which was opened for them prior to their arrival. The nodded to the staff before darting straight to her office. He didn't seen anyone in the hallway, so his mind told him 1 on 1, which meant bad news or great news. He Stopped outside the door quickly, with Momaru right beside him in moments. He would knock gently in respect before announcing himself. "It's Strafe, I'm coming in." He spoke calmly before opening the door and walking through the threshold. His insides were turning in anxiety about the sudden summons, though his face showed no evidence of it.

"Lady Umiko, you called me?" He spoke in a curious tone, but polite all the same. He had never had any problems with the Kage, and he didn't expect that to change any time soon.

Word Count: 300
Back to top Go down
Myuto Hozuki
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Myuto Hozuki

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 3:17 pm

There were a few things to grab, then he would set out. Knowing he would finally be getting away from the family, Sakana being especially, brought a calm mood to Myuto. Some time away would be just what he needed, to operate at his own pace instead of at Sakana's, who was constantly throwing things in his way to keep him busy.

She was trying to say something to him while walking out of the Mizukage's office, but he was no longer listening to her. Same knew this, and laughed some. Someone passed them in the hallway, and said his name at the Mizukage's door: Strafe. So this was the little girl's father, then? "Oh, NOW he shows up," Sakana said loudly, but Same grabbed and pulled her along.

Myuto glanced back with red eyes, but kept walking. "Well there you go Myuto, her father is finally stepping up, so there's no need for you to go doing something reckless---" Myuto started walking faster. Just because he finally showed didn't mean he wasn't going to leave. Myuto felt that he'd find clues and possibly her whereabouts far faster than that guy would. "Oh, Myuto! You're going to leave anyway aren't you! Why are you like this all of a sudden! You blah blah blah, and blah blah blah blah, so blah blah..."

He didn't train his ass off for the past few weeks for nothing. Myuto suddenly rushed off from his siblings with his newfound speed, preparing to get ready for his new adventure...

-Exit-

2,937 words
Back to top Go down
Umiko
Soumeikage
Soumeikage
Umiko

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Myuto left with his siblings and Strafe ended up coming in behind him: she knew at least Myuto’s sister had recognized him considering the comment she could hear. Umiko didn’t comment on it though and instead just focused her attention onto Strafe – chances were Myuto was going to go out looking for Michie anyway and if Strafe had any intention of catching up or following him she’d have to be quick about this.

”We have a situation you need to be advised of. Some time ago two criminals came into our village: both with skills to rival my own. A confrontation in the market place occurred – several individuals were attempting to corral your daughter when they stepped in. The criminals murdered the four with enough ease to make anyone nervous. The girl especially seemed to know what was coming before it even did: some kind of super enhanced perception. After the four who were trying to corral your daughter were dead they decided to kidnap: easily too, Michie didn’t seem able to put up a fight.

They left the village after that. We do not have the manpower to spare to go looking for her – my concern must be the safety of all the villagers as a whole compared to one single person. With that said I’m giving you leave to go after her. The last we had heard from intelligence they left in a direction that indicated they were moving toward Konoha. We have no idea if they’ll actually go there, or have for that matter… but that’s the best we have right now.”
Umiko would slide the pictures that Myuto had drawn across the desk: each a very accurate and highly detailed description of what had gone down including the people involved as well as his daughter Michie. ”This is them. All of these images are accurate; I know the artist who drew them – the shinobi who witness the attack and kidnapping. His family was there, and he was underskilled at the time compared to them, so he simply took as much information as he could to bring to me. We don't know their names or anything other than these images and the direction they were headed.” The entire time she spoke was in a cool and calm tone: she was acting as the Mizukage now, so her personal emotions and feelings were being ignored on the back burner. She couldn’t allow herself to become emotionally involved for the sake of her people – her people as a majority, not a single individual.

Word Count: 430 + 1,460 = 1,890
Back to top Go down
Strafe
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Strafe

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 4:14 pm

As the woman began to talk, Strafe lifted up an eyebrow in hesitance. Missing ninja? What did that have to do with him/ His heart sank slowly as he listened to his Mizukage talk. Why his daughter? Michie was important to him and he couldn't rest until he had her back. Momaru's rub against his shoulder snapped him back to reality. He looked over as the fear spread over him. Where was she at? Was she hurt? Was she in danger? He could help but race with question that filled his mind. The lion's voice caused him to find center. "She will be okay, we will find her." He spoke confidently, yet soothingly as well. The helped some, but even Momaru couldn't convince him that everything would be okay this time.

The Mizukage would then slide some pictures across the table for him too look at. Both looked like they could be any type of person, and did nothing to tell him more information. The bright side was that he could now find them. He would allow Umiko to finish speaking for responding.  "Tha....Thanks for lettting me know. Will you summon Iro, my son, for me? I would like him with me when I go to retrieve his sister. I don't want to leave either alone ever again." He would taper off as he thought of the guilt he felt. His project and medical experiments didn't mean anything compared to her. "We will be leaving as soon as he arrives to go and find her. Thank you for this Mizukage, I'm in your debt" He spoke softly as a bit of shock still sat on his face. He would bow slightly and look down at the papers again, memorizing every inch of paper.

Word Count: 301
Thread Word Count: 601
Back to top Go down
Umiko
Soumeikage
Soumeikage
Umiko

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Umiko frowned a bit, thoughtfully. ”Are you sure that’s a good idea? The girl is at least SS-rank; one of the most powerful individuals I’ve come across. Do you think it wise to put Iro in her path? She or her comrade could very well try using him against you – the same as Michie in fact.”, Umiko mused out loud, not bothering to sugar coat: she was the Mizukage, she would do and say exactly as she felt. In this case she didn’t think it wise Iro leave the safety of the village: now that they knew there were two people going around snatching up children and murdering people they at least knew what to look for. If Strafe took Iro out into the wilds to look for these highly dangerous individuals then there was no telling what would happen.

”I’m just not certain that’s a wise idea, Strafe….” She sighed and paused a moment, pressing a seal on her desk which would alert her secretary outside of the doors that she was needed. The woman would enter in seconds later, looking expectantly at the Mizukage. ”Please go fetch Iro, Strafe’s son, for me...” The secretary would nod and then disappear, closing the door behind herself so that they could maintain their private conversation.

Meanwhile, as she waited for Iro to appear – which would happen relatively quickly considering her secretary was an ex-shinobi herself and good at locating people – she would wait for Strafe’s response. She couldn’t really stop him if he chose to take his son with him, she could only advise against it. ”I will not, of course, force you to keep him here… if you feel this is best….”, Umiko added, leaning back in her chair and folding her arms across her chest.

Word Count: 300 + 1,890 = 2,190
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Problem [Open]   Another Day, Another Problem [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Day, Another Problem [Open]
Page 1 of 1