Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revamp in Progress

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some Suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sera
Genin
Genin

Some Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Some Suggestions   Some Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 4:06 am

I'd asked if suggestions were welcome in my introductions post and I was told they were, so... here goes.  Keep in mind however that I'm not attacking anyone... I promise.  Also, I know all the systems haven't been transferred or edited completely, which is why I'm making so many suggestions; it wouldn't be too much trouble to change things now, before the site releases.

First, I think that maybe chakra should be redone.  Currently, Genin start with 500.  S-Rank jutsu cost 30.  That means Genin can cast 16 S-Rank jutsu.  That doesn't seem good.

The url.  narutomythsandlegends is a hard url to remember (I've caught myself looking through my browser history multiple times to find it before I finally thought to bookmark it.  Maybe something more related to the site's title, Fables?

Freebie event.  There aren't any items and/or puppets and such being offered for Buki and puppetry users.  Also, the stats being offered don't seem to be adequate for their various ranks, so maybe offer more to allocate, or do it a bit differently? (Ex.  A-Ranks would get 2 A-Rank stats, 2 B-Ranks, and 2 C-Ranks?  Or something similar.  Something to allow more complete stat distribution.  Also it says X-Ranked nins get X amount of Elements and Specs but it doesn't say what ranks those elements and specs will be.  Ignore this if there won't be a rank system for them, but if there is, that might be important lol

Some Naruto sites have been moving away from the requirement of training topics to gain stats and jutsu and such, electing to instead reward members for any type of RP, social, training, or otherwise, or allowing them to be bought with ryo which are rewarded through missions or posting IC somehow.

On the note of training, perhaps reduce the WC requirement for stat training?  Unless, of course, you change the training system to something like what I mentioned before, allowing WCs from any threads to be used as training, in which case, it would be optimal to allow the WCs to remain how they are.

Oh and finally, I was told that S-Rank slots weren't available, but the Rank Guidelines would indicate otherwise, and though I'm having trouble locating it again, I could swear that I saw an S-Rank character sheet.  Was there a mistake somewhere?

Thanks for reading!I know it was a lot, and miraculously, given 5 minutes I could probably come up with more lol.  And again, I don't want to seem pushy or seem like I'm attacking anyone.
Back to top Go down
Demitria Kane
Missing Ninja (S-Rank)
Missing Ninja (S-Rank)
Demitria Kane

Some Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Suggestions   Some Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 4:43 am

Suggestions are of course more than welcome. Going to try and respond to these accordingly (mind you, I'm half asleep right now because it's only 5:30 in the morning for me and I've been up all night).

Chakra is a bit high, but the reason behind that is so that people can focus not so much on limitations but rather the execution of style and strategy. What I mean by this is like a game of chess: it even things out a bit and allows people to focus mainly on their methods of battle instead of constantly having to worry about "not having enough". It helps to give a Genin a chance against someone like a Jounin were they to battle it out, increasing the fairness overall. It was implimented due to how many high ranked characters there are (imports mostly) so that the newbies starting out didn't feel overwhelmed by the OPness walking around. It also allows us to do what most sites don't: allowing Genin to be able to use A rank jutsu where as most sites stop Genin at C. However, some tweaking might be done before the day of launch.

The Url... I'm not sure if that can be changed or not, honestly. I think Forumotion gives 1 freebie and afterwards it has to be paid for. I'm not sure if we used that freebie up or not as I'm not the sites original creator.

The freebie event does indeed not list jutsu given, however there is an area under the Jutsu guide itself that gives the following list:
Genin: 6D, 4C (10 Total)
Chuunin: 6D, 6C, 3B (15 Total)
Special Jounin: 10D, 6C, 3B, 1A (20 Total)
Jounin A: 10D, 6C, 4B, 4A, 1S (25 Total)
Kage: 10D, 10C, 5B, 4A, 1S (30 Total)
This list is set in stone and never changes, where as the event will only run a month or two as a sort of "welcome to the freshly launched site" event before it is canceled.

As far as training topics go any topic can be used for training. The only exception to this is missions. With the way we do our missions it's 1 word = 1 ryo. You're given a minimum WC you must hit for the mission to be counted, but otherwise you can make the mission as long or short as you want. People are allowed to take their "remaining" wc after the mission itself has been hit and use the rest toward training if they like, however they do not get paid for it. What I mean by this is let's say I do a D rank mission with a 100 word minimum count. My final WC is 890. Now.. I could turn the whole thing in and get 890 ryo or I could turn the mission in at its base WC, take 100 ryo from it (which you'd have to indicate upon turning the mission in so the mod knows) and use the remaining 790 WC toward training of your choice.

S rank slots are not available. The guide just hasn't been updated completely yet. There are times where they might become available for people to take if needed for site plot/storyline. That's mostly why that's there.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Some Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Suggestions   Some Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 1:39 pm

I've actually tried a few times to change the URL to something closer to what we call the site itself; but that URL combination has long since been taken by another site. I could pay to get a URL without the .forumotion(orwhatever other random version they force/allow), but that's not something I plan on doing unless there's enough activity to warrant it. The freebie change I'll use if we can get it, but they'll only give it to us if we hit Tales level activity again.

There's no difference between S-rank character sheets and normal character sheets. The difference was in the numbers required for some of the sections of the sheet. That's a leftover from Earlier launches where we allowed for 1 S-Rank/Kage slot per village, in order to get a Jounin/Leader in position to have the village being run. As it stands right now, we don't need that, especially with the ability for people to direct import their ranking characters from Saga/Ballad/Old Fables/Tales/etc that they can show has the rank they're asking for.

As for a starting/freebie give away, the one currently sitting is the /constant/ version; this is the one that will exist for ALL characters that join so long as the site is open. As for an initial starting/opening event, we'll have that posted Monday. There'll be extras on there; but again, we're being a little conservative here, because we're expecting a LOT of high ranking imports to come in initially, so we're trying not to break things harder than it's going to be anyway. But that's also why there's rule for importing, as well as a time limit/number of imports allowed. Yes, it does create an initial power imbalance to a degree; but we've done this before a few times, so we know how quickly, on average of course, things even out; and we're willing to work with that time frame to keep things fair and running while the genin/chuunin ranks fill up.
Back to top Go down
https://shinobifables.rpg-board.net
Sera
Genin
Genin

Some Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Suggestions   Some Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 7:41 pm

So after browsing a bit, I've found starting jutsu rules, so scratch what I said about that.

Stats I no longer have a complaint with after learning that words from any thread can be used.

As for URL changes, I definitely feel like I've changed the URL on multiple forums, though I don't remember doing any more than once. But still, I'm sure it can be done and after work I'll test it out for ya.

However, my point for Buki/Kugutsu users still stands. Those poor guys won't have anything starting out unless they take some other combat-oriented spec XD.

And the Chakra levels I still feel are a bit drastic. Managing your Chakra is a part of strategy. It's doing the most with the resources you have.

As for stats, most imports I'm seeing have a MINIMUM stat rank of S, and some have an A or 2. That's just unfair to any starting character and makes the world a playground to anyone with an import. I'm not against imports, but I do think it'd be a good idea to either have their stats follow the same rules as starting ninja or allow starting ninja more stats. Though I don't have a problem with imports keeping all their jutsu and items and such.

And finally, a question: how does one gain a special characteristic?
Back to top Go down
Alec Kane
Missing Ninja (S-Rank)
Missing Ninja (S-Rank)
Alec Kane

Some Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Suggestions   Some Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 6:59 am

Sera wrote:

As for stats, most imports I'm seeing have a MINIMUM stat rank of S, and some have an A or 2.  That's just unfair to any starting character and makes the world a playground to anyone with an import.  I'm not against imports, but I do think it'd be a good idea to either have their stats follow the same rules as starting ninja or allow starting ninja more stats.  Though I don't have a problem with imports keeping all their jutsu and items and such.

Uh, many of these imports you see here were developed on other sites. Nerfing them when the work was already put in, and can be proven? Not exactly fair.
Back to top Go down
Demitria Kane
Missing Ninja (S-Rank)
Missing Ninja (S-Rank)
Demitria Kane

Some Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Suggestions   Some Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 7:15 am

Most times when people go along the route of Buki they either join a clan that gives them a freebie weapon, or a compromise is made to assist them so they’re not assed out. Everyone does also get 1,000 free ryo which can be used toward anything via the event, and 25 ryo per post which adds up quite quickly just by doing threads like these or welcome threads. We’ve also previously allowed people who went Buki/psychical spec heavy to trade in their freebies for a single weapon of higher rank.

Chakra levels I’ve already said my peace on – they’re also higher though because of the way we do Bijuu/Chakra Beasts which is why some people have chakra over 1,000.

As far as imports stats I want to be clear on something: Imported people start out with what they had on the previous site – jutsu, items, bijuu/chakra beasts (within reason, can’t have the same beast in 3 different people after all) and stats. They’ve had to prove they trained these stats up along with everything else to an Admin before the import is approved. Furthermore they don’t get freebies like everyone else: they don’t get the 1,000 ryo, they don’t get more freebie jutsu or items or stat points. Imports are basically stuck with what they had and have to do the work if they want to gain anything else on this site.

When making your character you can normally start out with 2 Special Characteristics. Afterward if you wanted a new one you’d app it in your jutsu registration and once it’s approved you’d either have to pay for it, or train it (I’m not sure which, we haven’t got to that guideline yet).
Back to top Go down
Ranmaru
Missing Ninja (S-Rank)
Missing Ninja (S-Rank)
Ranmaru

Some Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Suggestions   Some Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 7:44 am

Quote :
As far as imports stats I want to be clear on something: Imported people start out with what they had on the previous site – jutsu, items, bijuu/chakra beasts (within reason, can’t have the same beast in 3 different people after all) and stats. They’ve had to prove they trained these stats up along with everything else to an Admin before the import is approved. Furthermore they don’t get freebies like everyone else: they don’t get the 1,000 ryo, they don’t get more freebie jutsu or items or stat points. Imports are basically stuck with what they had and have to do the work if they want to gain anything else on this site.

When making your character you can normally start out with 2 Special Characteristics. Afterward if you wanted a new one you’d app it in your jutsu registration and once it’s approved you’d either have to pay for it, or train it (I’m not sure which, we haven’t got to that guideline yet).

What she said on the freebies.

Imports we expect to be a bit confusing to anyone that's not sat through a round of this. As she said, you have to prove to the satisfaction of the administration that you a) own the character, b) have done the work to earn those numbers/jutsu/etc that you wish to import, c) go through the process of having /everything/ moderated and potentially denied during the import process (rare, but can and does happen), d) even then you might not get exactly what you had, due to whatever reason; usually a lack of our missing position, etc.

Now I fully understand that no amount of explaining the system will matter if someone is absolutely against the idea of imports. But I do want make sure that we're as clear as we can be in why we're allowing it, and what the restrictions are. We're still releasing and updating guides, so these questions and conversation are a welcome way for us to refine and whatnot as we go along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Suggestions   Some Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: OOC :: Suggestions, Comments, Issues-
Jump to: