Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revamp in Progress

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Here Looking Around

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sera
Genin
Genin

Here Looking Around Empty
PostSubject: Here Looking Around   Here Looking Around Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 11:50 am

Hiya guys, it's Sera. Uh, I'm just looking around and I have some questions. I was looking at the freebies topic and saw that some higher ranks were available. Where can I find a list of open slots?

Also, are advanced releases not considered Kekkei Genkai here? The tier 4 SC rules would indicate so.

If you start at a higher rank and you have a Kekkei Genkai, do you get to start with a higher stage of the Kekkei Genkai? Ex. Would an S-Rank Jounin (someone like Kakashi) get to start with MS or EMS? Are there a limited amount of slots which can have this?

I'm not seeing any Canon clans. Are there any? Do members have to make them?

Uhhh... if you start at S-Rank, do you start with higher stats plus the freebie stats? I think the star rules say so but it's unclear.
Back to top Go down
Umiko
Soumeikage
Soumeikage
Umiko

PostSubject: Re: Here Looking Around   Here Looking Around Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello there, welcome to Fables.

All village slots are currently open except for Kage. Village slots go from Genin to Jounin (A-Rank). S rank can only be earned via RP.

Advanced relesaes are not locked to KKG's here; nor do you have to be part of a clan to have one.

As far as starting out with advanced Dojutsu, no. All Dojutsu must be unlocked via RP, you do not get to start with them.

There are canon clans, they likely haven't been brought over yet since our 'official' launch hasn't happened yet. Let me know what clan you're looking for and I can move it over for you.

No matter what rank you start out at you get only those freebie points listed and you can allocate them to whatever stat(s) you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Sera
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Here Looking Around   Here Looking Around Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 12:20 pm

Sorry, I thought the place was already launched... I'll try to ask fewer questions knowing that everything hasn't been brought over yet, just enough that I can form a clear character plan.  Would it be safe to reference Ballad?  One of the guides linked me there so I assume that's where you're bringing content from.

Anyway, maybe change the freebies description? It just indicates there are freebies for S-Rank, which implies S-Rank would be available.

What about Kekkei Genkai other than Doujutsu?  Sharingan was just my example, though I'm considering making another staged/tiered custom Kekkei Genkai.  Though that'd probably be a case by case thing right?

So looking at Senjutsu rules, do the different levels of mastery affect the rank your Senjutsu specialty is at? Or vice versa?  Or are they totally independant?

Can I make a revamp or variant or branch or something of an existing canon clan?  There are a few that I have in mind that I feel are maybe underpowered, considering this site's power scale seems to be fairly large.

Other than that, the site seems to be coming together nicely!  If you're open to suggestions, I have a few that I think could help that I could PM to your  (or post if you prefer) that I think could be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Hiroyuki
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Hiroyuki

PostSubject: Re: Here Looking Around   Here Looking Around Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 9:52 pm

Sera wrote:
Sorry, I thought the place was already launched... I'll try to ask fewer questions knowing that everything hasn't been brought over yet, just enough that I can form a clear character plan.  Would it be safe to reference Ballad?  One of the guides linked me there so I assume that's where you're bringing content from.

Anyway, maybe change the freebies description? It just indicates there are freebies for S-Rank, which implies S-Rank would be available.

What about Kekkei Genkai other than Doujutsu?  Sharingan was just my example, though I'm considering making another staged/tiered custom Kekkei Genkai.  Though that'd probably be a case by case thing right?

So looking at Senjutsu rules, do the different levels of mastery affect the rank your Senjutsu specialty is at? Or vice versa?  Or are they totally independant?

Can I make a revamp or variant or branch or something of an existing canon clan?  There are a few that I have in mind that I feel are maybe underpowered, considering this site's power scale seems to be fairly large.

Other than that, the site seems to be coming together nicely!  If you're open to suggestions, I have a few that I think could help that I could PM to your  (or post if you prefer) that I think could be helpful.

Don't worry, questions are welcomed.~

Ballad is one of our other sites, and the systems are similar/shared, so to some extent it would be; however things are different, and as time passes the similarities will die down.

Thank you for pointing out S-rank bit; it must have been missed when the guide was edited.  KKG creation is case-by-case, but there's very little by way of limits to what is allowed, so long as appropriate work is done to create and balance it along the way. That's not to say certain nerfs are forced; or that there's a policy of 'x must always be better than y'; just that certain abilities will always require more effort to obtain; however chances to obtain things will be frequent and many.

The Senjutsu guide is... iffy, at the moment. If we leave it as is; the set up within the guide is how it functions. Instead of a ranking from D-SS, you have Acolyte/Master/Grandmaster which function as roughly the equivalent of D-C, B-S, and SS rank Senjutsu in regards to your specialization. Jutsu of the classification of Senjutsu would be labeled as such, and would function within the realms of those ranks. If we change it, it would just be to adjust it to the basic D-SS system, so nothing to crazy in that aspect.

Updating canon clans is welcome, if you want. Branching is accepted as well, within reason. We have a few clans that are branches of canon clans (See: Inuzuka -> Ookamizuka, etc), so there is precedence. Same for existing custom clans, within reason.

You're welcome to PM any staff member with suggestions and/or questions. We don't bite much.
Back to top Go down
Hisaki
Hokage
Hokage
Hisaki

PostSubject: Re: Here Looking Around   Here Looking Around Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Are we not supposed to bite? I thought we were allowed to do that :c

Same as these two, if you have any suggestions, feel free to poke any one of us, we're more than happy to help and listen!~
Back to top Go down
Sera
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Here Looking Around   Here Looking Around Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Right. Well I'll just be lurking until the site launches then. Keep up the good work guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Looking Around   Here Looking Around Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here Looking Around
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rulebook :: Introductions and Absences-
Jump to: